Future DLC for MKX?

New content is still new content either if it is a new character or not. I still think they may support this game for another year.
They need to get the ball rolling with MK11 in a timely fashion. One installment per console generation is unacceptable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

They need to get the ball rolling with MK11 in a timely fashion. One installment per console generation is unacceptable.

MKX came out 1 & 1/2 years into the current console generation.
If they've been working on Injustice 2, then MK11 could be out by 2019, possibly before new consoles come out in Fall of 2020 or 2021. ;)

MKX came out 1 & 1/2 years into the current console generation.
If they've been working on Injustice 2, then MK11 could be out by 2019, possibly before new consoles come out in Fall of 2020 or 2021. ;)

I hope they would give us some classic mk games on psn for this timeline, but mk arcade collection was a bad emulated shit on ps3.. i really want to play well emulated MK4 Revision 3.0, PS1, N64 or PC version of the game was a nightmare.. MAME still the best solution for MK arcade series except MK4..

I hope for the 25th anniversary, we can get a MK legacy game collection from MK1-MKX similar what Metal Gear Solid did a while back.

Last edited:
I hope for the 25th anniversary, we can get a MK legacy game collection from MK1-MKX similar what Metal Gear Solid a while back.

Excellent idea G.Spawn, but i just see a MKX premier tower as a gift for 25th anniversary:thumbsup: unfortunately NRS is a lazy team. i still hope extra skins for MKX DLC characters but i guess they don't care, i don't understand why.. i can understand guest characters but Goro is a legendary MK character.. Tanya, Tremor and Bo Rai Cho deserves one extra skin at least..

As far as the 25th anniversary is concerned:

Between The Pit, klassic costumes for all the MK1, MKII and UMK3 characters and klassic Fatalities for 8 of the MK1 / MKII characters, they've been giving the fans a ton of MK1 and MKII stuff in MKX.
I wouldn't be the last bit surprised if they just added 1 or 2 stages like either the Palace Gates (MK1), Warrior Shrine(MK1), The Kombat Tomb (MKII), The Deadpool (MKII) or some other stage and another set of Klassic Fatalities, and just called it a day.

I'd be surprised if they did more than that for the 25th anniversary, next year.

For the record, NRS didn't do jack shit for MK's 20th Anniversary, so I can see them not doing jack shit for the 25th.

Yes they actually did.

They were involved with this video and there were action figures for the 20th anniversary as well:

mortal20.jpg

51DRDyk-vpL.jpg

But I get it, because it's not something like extra stuff for the video game, it doesn't count, eh?

For the record, NRS didn't do jack shit for MK's 20th Anniversary, so I can see them not doing jack shit for the 25th.

How hard is it for them to patch in other MK1 stages in MKX that weren't previously in MK9 or MKX (The Palace Gates and Warrior Shrine) and Klassic Fatalities for the remaining MK1 / MKII characters, and call it a day, though?

How hard is it for them to patch in other MK1 stages in MKX that weren't previously in MK9 or MKX (The Palace Gates and Warrior Shrine) and Klassic Fatalities for the remaining MK1 / MKII characters, and call it a day, though?
They could've done that in MK9 in 2012

They could've done that in MK9 in 2012

They could have also done MK1 costumes for Sonya, Liu Kang, Kano and Raiden as well as Sonya's Kiss Of Death in MK9, but they didn't.
They chose to do that in MKX.
As it is, MKX seems to be a re-imagining of the MK8 dark-and-gritty reboot, before Vincent Proce left Midway.
I'm just saying that if NRS patches in a few of the Klassic MK1 stages and klassic Fatalities for the remaining characters in MKX, you essentially can play MK1 within MKX, as much as you'd want, without them having to create a whole new game.

At least, that's how I'd imagine that they'd go about it without having to spend too much resources or cash to do another MK1 thru __________ Kollection on PS4 and X1.

I really don't understand why people call NRS lazy. Not many other fighting games in the market have as much content stuffed in as MKX.

How about Mortal Kombat 11 for the 25th Anniversary? The last time we ever got something tangible and significant on a milestone anniversary was the release of MKDA.

I really don't understand why people call NRS lazy. Not many other fighting games in the market have as much content stuffed in as MKX.

Agreed.
Personally, I don't think that adding a few more MK1 / MKII stages to MKX would be lazy, as that stuff also takes up a lot of time and work to do.

Plus, it would be a pretty damn cool 25-year nod (IMO) to the franchise if they add the original MK1 Warrior Shrine (with the original warriors, enhancing the MK1 sprite actor statues a bit), along with -perhaps- either the Palace Gates, Goro's Lair, or Shang Tsung's Courtyard with MK9's Shang Tsung model in the background.

Even if NRS did decide to put the remaining 5 MK1 stages in MKX for the 25th anniversary, that still wouldn't ever be good enough for some people, though.
No matter what, they can't ever please everyone.

Last edited:
Agreed.
Personally, I don't think that adding a few more MK1 / MKII stages to MKX would be lazy, as that stuff also takes up a lot of time and work to do.

Plus, it would be a pretty damn cool 25-year nod (IMO) to the franchise if they add the original MK1 Warrior Shrine (with the original warriors, enhancing the MK1 sprite actor statues a bit), along with -perhaps- either the Palace Gates, Goro's Lair, or Shang Tsung's Courtyard with MK9's Shang Tsung model in the background.

Even if NRS did decide to put the remaining 5 MK1 stages in MKX for the 25th anniversary, that still wouldn't ever be good enough for some people, though.
No matter what, they can't ever please everyone.
They need to do something BIG for the 25th anniversary. This is the Silver Jubilee we're talking about here. What could be bigger than MK11?

If not MK11, then they need to rerelease the entire back catalog of MK on current generation consoles. At least Square Enix is doing something big on FF7's 20th Anniversary.

They need to do something BIG for the 25th anniversary. This is the Silver Jubilee we're talking about here. What could be bigger than MK11?

If not MK11, then they need to rerelease the entire back catalog of MK on current generation consoles. At least Square Enix is doing something big on FF7's 20th Anniversary.

How is NRS adding the remaining 5 MK1 stages (and maybe even MK1 Klassic Fatalities for Liu Kang, Kano and Raiden) into MKX, NOT considered something BIG, though?

It would be pretty huge if they did all of that work and implemented those 5 MK1 stages into MKX for the 25th anniversary, IMO.

You'd essentially be able to play MK1 within MKX, if you really wanted to, with upgraded graphics and gore.
Something that the HD Kollection wasn't able to do, for whatever reason that it was cancelled.

How is NRS adding the remaining 5 MK1 stages (and maybe even MK1 Klassic Fatalities for Liu Kang, Kano and Raiden) into MKX, NOT considered something BIG, though?

It would be pretty huge if they did all of that work and implemented those 5 MK1 stages into MKX for the 25th anniversary, IMO.

You'd essentially be able to play MK1 within MKX, if you really wanted to, with upgraded graphics and gore.
Something that the HD Kollection wasn't able to do, for whatever reason that it was cancelled.

Because the content itself isn't big enough for celebrating a big milestone anniversary.

Either a brand new game, or a rerelease of the entire back catalog on current gen consoles is big enough for a landmark anniversary like this. The only time something significant was released on a milestone MK anniversary was MKDA.

The FF7 remake should be the benchmark of how to celebrate a milestone anniversary of a major game...not DLC for a game that is 2 years old.

Because the content itself isn't big enough for celebrating a big milestone anniversary.

Either a brand new game, or a rerelease of the entire back catalog on current gen consoles is big enough for a landmark anniversary like this. The only time something significant was released on a milestone MK anniversary was MKDA.

The FF7 remake should be the benchmark of how to celebrate a milestone anniversary of a major game...not DLC for a game that is 2 years old.

I disagree.
Hypothetically speaking, if NRS were to recreate the remaining 5 MK1 stages from MK1 into MKX and 3 Klassic Fatalities for the remaining Original 7, that would seem like a huge announcement.
I think that it would be a big enough announcement.
If Boon / NRS posted on Twitter that they were doing something like that for the 25th Anniversary, I'm sure that lots of people would be happy with it.

While I agree that what you proposed would be an even bigger undertaking and a HUGE way to celebrate 25 years of MK (I'm not denying that), I don't understand how doing something like what I proposed wouldn't also be a BIG announcement.
Sure, not as big of an announcement as what you were stating, but still a BIG announcement for the 25th anniversary, imo.
MKDA releasing in November 2002 seems to be more of a happy coincidence.
Had the game been delayed in production, it could have also come out in 2003.

FF7 is a brand new game, though.
What you're asking for NRS to do is to start working on a game, and release it within 1 year, a feat which (unless they've already started working on something for the 25th anniversary) isn't likely given that the majority of games these days take 2 years (minimum) to make.