Future DLC for MKX?

theincubuslord

So this video popped up on my youtube:

We ALL know how much of a troll and how unclear Ed Boon is in his tweets, so taking them seriously usually only hurts us more than actually doing any sort of good.

But then I noticed this video:

At first I didn't think about it, but to see that Injustice, even if it is just the app-game, is STILL getting stuff in it and still being supported... it makes me wonder if NRS truly want to continue supporting MKX and will add more DLC, even if just skins, to the game.

Or maybe the actual game will stop being supported soon and just the app-game of MKX will continue getting some stuff now and then.

If NRS will make more DLC, then I'd want some official confirmation of it, or else I'm not really interested in staying invested in it. I do enjoy Triborg, but otherwise Kombat Pack 2 has been very much a disappointment to me and honestly, I am ready to move on to the next game.

Also pointing out:

- Street Fighter V had a disappointing launch, but Capcom has stated they will continue to add to it. They are (supposedly) listening to the community about what is lacking in the game and are considering to create more modes and such to make the experience of the game more interesting, as well as adding more characters and possibly more costumes as well, as they also did with SSF4.

- Since the release of Killer Instinct in 2013, the release model of the game has been very demand and supply. As long fans support the game, the devs will continue to work on it and add more characters, more modes, more customization accessories etc. With Season 3 coming out soon with 4 characters at launch, and possibly 4 more to come later this year, this will be the 3rd year Killer Instinct is supported, and it continues to grow. Alot of fans speculate if it will continue all the way through this generation of Xbox One.

So question is... Should NRS do the same with MKX? Should they continue supporting the game by adding more stuff, more characters, more costumes etc? I hear from alot of people that with the new GGPO online, it's like the game has been revived and become awesome all over again, as if all shiny and new once more. So would it be wise of NRS to go to the next game? The game is only 1 year old, after all...

What do you guys think?

It is an interesting question. MKX is great but if NRS asked me about any future additions, I would say they should really continue supporting the PC version. Unless they want to completely forget about a platform again and for good this time.

As an XL buyer I would be happy on one hand and somewhat pissed on the other hand. It would be great to see more fan favorites as Triborg seems to be fun or interesting additions like Reiko and Havik who's been out of sight for a while but have potential. But at the same time I would feel cheated because I payed for a game that advertise itself as EVERYTHING IN ONE PACKAGE and then you add DLC to a Komplete Edition. I don't want an XXL version too.

At this point, skins packs can come until they want to put them out, but if they want to follow the Capcom model as you said it, I want them to really listen to the Community this time and they should add only those who are really wanted by fans. No way that Worst Biz Games let them go all Capcom and let us buy DLC for koins, so if they want to milk MKX(L) more, they should really take requests from now on.

But I want them to kreate some new kontent as well so I think they should focus on an Injustice sequel instead and give us new kharacters and new mechanics. If they do both, then I don't care, nobody is obligated to buy more DLC unless they come up with something really kool. But still, it would be somewhat disturbing to pay again and again to have THE FULL EXPERIENCE.

I'm disappointed we still have no klassic Shinnok and Tremor skins, although at this point it's abundantly clear that DLC characters are never going to get alt. skins.

I was also hugely disappointed to see that the guy who designed Goro had designed an awesome alt. skin originally, but it was never put into the game. That is truly unforgivable. I'm glad I got Goro as a pre-order, as I stand by my decision to not buy DLC characters until they are treated like default characters.

I really wouldn't mind if they keep supporting the game giving us new skins packs, new arenas and all that stuff. But i think they better be thinking about the next MK game. And yes, they really should give DLCs alternate skins (for the MK kharacters only, cause for the guests they may have to do licencing stuff and all)

I really wouldn't mind if they keep supporting the game giving us new skins packs, new arenas and all that stuff.
I agree.
If anymore DLC comes for MKX, I believe that this will the extent of it.

I also agree with [MENTION=17933]Immortal Kombatant[/MENTION] on the point that I also don't see WB making / marketing a "complete" version of MKX (the XL Edition), only for more DLC characters to be announced later on and it not really being considered as a "complete" edition of the game.
People who bought XL at the $60 price tag expecting it to be complete would be extremely pissed if more DLC was announced, and I wouldn't blame them at all.

More free skins / free ninja skins / mobile unlock skins like Cassi and Jacqui, arenas (like The Pit) and stage Fatalities patched in (like The Kove and Refugee Kamp) are the most likely things as far as DLC goes, from this point on (IMO).

Unless NRS adds Li Mei, Sareena, Sindel, Nitara, and/or Jade and make them very simple to play as, they should just stop because taking it to the Street Fighter 4 route would only annoy fans like me.

Remember the new version is just called XL... Not "komplete edition"... Does this mean that there is still more to come? XL is just technically a "bigger" version, doesn't state complete.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

How about Mokap, Kobra, Hsu Hao, and Meat as the next batch of DLC, simply as a sick joke?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Remember the new version is just called XL... Not "komplete edition"... Does this mean that there is still more to come? XL is just technically a "bigger" version, doesn't state complete.

Have you watched the MKXL trailer? It clearly says. All fatalities, all character, every move, blah blah. It is complete edition.

Good point. They could release XXL down the line.

As for the topic, as I said several times, it is a trend and makes sense. Why do a new product, only for story and a few game modes, when you already have an existing product with insane critical acclaim and success? You could simply have a new Kombat Pack every 6-12 months. There's still a ton of stuff that could be added. Especially the stuff that was supposed to be there and was left out.

But yes, please do something with the PC version. Everything about it is just insanely rude and unprofessional.
[MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] Yeah, it says that. So what? I'm sure they could find a way to get around it and make an excuse. Maybe XL buyers could even get stuff for free.

Have you watched the MKXL trailer? It clearly says. All fatalities, all character, every move, blah blah. It is complete edition.
It still doesn't have ALL skins from in game (gold scorpion anyone) or mobile, so therefore not complete...

Yes I have but still doesn't state it's complete!

They put all skins, all characters and so on into this edition. Everything. And charged extra 25 bucks for it. Just because they didn't call it Komplete edition, doesn't mean it isn't "Komplete Edition". Especiall the fact that at this point, it would be super stupid for them to make any extra paid dlcs, cause that would piss off A LOT of people (who bought MKXL that is)

It still doesn't have ALL skins from in game (gold scorpion anyone) or mobile, so therefore not complete...

Yet they said, it will have all. Their trailer says that. Sooooo basically... hmm... how to they call that? Oh yeah. False advertisement.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to release XXL version. Would that piss off people? Yes. Do they care? No. They pissed on 600k people. Didn't even react to that. Nothing will stop them from releasing XXL. They know people want their favorites, they know they will sell like cookies. They are sadistic f%^ks who will use people's favorite characters as bait to increase their sales.

Which will bring us to another Armageddon I warned about a few months ago. If they release XXL, there's no point in making another MK game, because anything they make will be inferior. Different game modes and a new story mode won't cut it. MKX/XL is ridiculously big. The only thing they could do is just include everything and that would just feel underwhelming and probably also rushed and unbalanced, ie. another Armageddon with poor reviews leading yet to another reboot down the line. Thus I'd advise them to stick with MKX and just keep adding new packs every 6-8 months until they figure out what to do with the franchise. Or they could use their spare koins and do an adventure game.

Which will bring us to another Armageddon I warned about a few months ago. If they release XXL, there's no point in making another MK game, because anything they make will be inferior. Different game modes and a new story mode won't cut it. MKX/XL is ridiculously big. The only thing they could do is just include everything and that would just feel underwhelming and probably also rushed and unbalanced, ie. another Armageddon with poor reviews leading yet to another reboot down the line. Thus I'd advise them to stick with MKX and just keep adding new packs every 6-8 months until they figure out what to do with the franchise. Or they could use their spare koins and do an adventure game.
What ever happened to 3 completely new MK games per console generation? How long did it take Capcom to finally count to Street Fighter 5 again, and more importantly, remind me again whether or not they actually skipped an entire console generation with new SF games?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

^^ As long as it comes with new DLC MORTAL KOMBAT characters then I wouldn't mind. I feel unsatisfied with half of the last kombat pack being guest characters... They are very much aware that people wanted Fujin, the question is whether they will actually do something about it... probably not.

If there is gonna be more DLC, I'm looking at it from a future perspective. Perhaps that's why Boon isn't giving us Fujin. Maybe he will play a big role in the next game and don't wanna fulfil the demand for him with just a 'DLC' slot. At this late stage, I think ideally I'd like to see Li Mei and Sareena return. It might be the only chance we get to play them again (especially Sareena.) Part of me really wanted Sindel, but knowing as she didn't make KP2 I don't think I'd want her back. I'd only be getting a cleaner MK 9 version, and seeing how well they've upgraded characters, i'd love to see her overhauled in a future game.

I'm hoping we see new KP1 costumes and even fatalities.

Ed and his trickery head games come on. I would love more characters in the game like Rain or Fujin but I just don't think it is going to happen anymore. If it does happen and it's another merged character like Noob-Rain which is something to think about but only time will tell. #Noob-Rain 8)

I like to have everything Mortal Kombat has to offer , but unfortunately this time around , it isn't possible. To get Gold Scorpion you had to pre-order the Collectors Edition. To get the Cosplay skins you had to pre-order MKXL. So there will be skins I'll never have. That is a bit irritating. I would happily purchase them , but I don't think that will be an option.

But it still should've had the REVENANT skins unlocked already though and they are not unlocked.