Future DLC for MKX?

Why do people keep thinking that they're going to make a character for free? Come on guys, be real here. They're not going to give us any character for free. They haven't done so in any DLC packs they've made since they began doing DLC, why would they suddenly do that now? Is it because you're upset that a certain character has been "mocked" for months? Or you guys "deserve" a free character because the PC port is trash? Why would they just give you a character for free out of the blue? That doesn't make any kind of sense.

dBBwlfb.jpg

I would love if they also brought back original Brutalities... like once it says finish him, you can only press the command allowed in its pattern like back in the day... like a 10 hit string and then if done successfully it will loop the chain back exactly the same as you pressed it (with the fatality music and finish with an exploding uppercut)! But maybe add a new twist to it though, like once its looping, have the camera do a 360 degree rotating camera affect like they did in the Matrix movie.... and even give the player the ability to press any button (up to 3x MAX but depends how much meter you have) and that attack-in-motion which is being executed at the time of the loop will be slowed down (slowmotion like they do already in some fatalities and all brutalities), and then it continues at normal speed again and then of course finishing with an exploding uppercut with guts flying everywhere (perhaps even have some blood and chunks of flesh hit the screen and drip down). I would pay for a DLC pack like that. Even $10!

The only future DLC they'll probably put out for MKX (IF THEY DO), is patched in Brutalities or Stage Fatalities, like they did for the Kove and Refugee Kamp, or a free DLC stage, or more free costumes for the ninja characters.
I seriously doubt there will be any more characters as DLC, especially free.
Even more so, paid, also not happening.
MKXL is marketed as the final version of the game.

Aside from any of those free possible DLC situations, they've probably already been working on Injustice 2 or whatever game they're ready to show off at E3.

Last edited:
it doesn't really say complete edition just because it has all the dlcs so far doesn't mean that's it.

it's XL edition its for those who didn't buy it the first and now get all the 8 dlcs and the skins etc etc,doesn't say complete
also Tyler isn't like Ed he doesn't troll stuff so the fact that he says there is more to come i believe there is whatever it is

also it be really dumb of NRS if they didn't support the game abit more it's the best selling game ever. why stop now just because they are working on another game they really can't work on more mkx as they work on inj 2 or whatever? they haven't said they are over so let's see what happens instead of just assuming that's it. also not everyone really cares for inj 2. so it be dumb of them to just stop making stuff for mkx

I think MKX is done. I think more stage fatalities are likely added, but I don't see them doing KP3. I mean XL is pretty much the compete edition with all of the DLC and I doubt NRS wants to do a "XXL edition" later on. People will be piss that they are paying for the game three times in a row.

I think MKX is done. I think more stage fatalities are likely added, but I don't see them doing KP3. I mean XL is pretty much the compete edition with all of the DLC and I doubt NRS wants to do a "XXL edition" later on. People will be piss that they are paying for the game three times in a row.

To be honest Street Fighter got away with that. We had Street Fighter 4, Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition, and Ultra Street Fighter 4. I wouldn't be surprised if NRS did XXL.

Piss off more people? So? They pissed off 600k people with one message and didn't even blink. So pissing few people more, for extra cash? Sure why not.

MK9 stayed in tournaments and the dedicated fans played it for 3 years was it? MKX is a much better game IMO so it would be a great idea to continue supporting it. New brutalities, stage fatalities, skin packs, etc. People should realize the vast amount of content offered in MKXL for $60 was an absolute steal. It wouldn't be a terrible thing if a few minor purchasable items were created.

MKXL is being marketed as being the "complete" version of MKX much like how the Komplete Edition of MK9 = final edition.

MKXL trailer:

"EVERY FIGHTER"
"EVERY SKIN"
"EVERY KOMBO"
"EVERY X-RAY"
"EVERY FATALITY"
"EVERY DECAPITATION"
"EVERY NUT PUNCH"
"EVERY IMPALEMENT"
"EVERY BLOODTHIRSTY, ACID SPITTING, PSYCHOPATH"
"EVERY BADASS MATCHUP"
"EVERY BIT OF MORTAL KOMBAT X ALL IN ONE PACKAGE"

MK9 trailer:

"EVERY DOWNLOADABLE CHARACTER"
"EVERY DOWNLOADABLE KLASSIC SKIN"
"AND EVERY SICKENING FATALITY"
"ALL IN ONE PLACE"

I dunno.
There are too many similarities between the MK9 Komplete Edition trailer and the MKXL trailer (IMO), for it to just be coincidence.
The red parts that I highlighted from both trailers seem very similar, with them essentially saying that won't be anything (DLC-wise) after MK9 Komplete and MKXL.

Last edited:
Boon added 2 more characters for Injustice when there was only supposed to be 4. And if you know Ed Boon at all , he doesn't always mean what he says. Regardless there's no sense in arguing. Time will tell. Either way I'm happy with the game.

Were those 2 Injustice characters added after the Ultimate Edition, though?

I'm asking sincerely, not being rude or anything.

No they weren't. I was just suggesting that Boon said no more DLC and he later released more. But no it was not before the ultimate edition.

I agree with [MENTION=18204]Rolling_Toaster[/MENTION], they should keep this game alive for as long as possible.

There's no reason to just suddenly stop all because they're working on a different game. X can have so much more added, since there's so much stuff to do already with it.

Well, if that's the case, then I definitely think XL is the complete version.
I could definitely be wrong, but the track record seems to show MK9 Komplete Edition = final, Injustice Ultimate Edition = final, and XL Edition = final.
I still DO think that they could do stuff like adding another background or 2, more stage Fatalities, Brutalities and Stage Brutalities, but for the most part I think MKXL means no more character DLC.

Again, I'm not saying or implying that I can't be wrong or that my opinion is the only one right, but I don't believe we'll be getting more characters for DLC.
It would be cool to see, though.
I'm also very happy with the game.

You could well be right. I hope they do release more characters, but I think it will be limited to fatalities, stages, brutalities and skins, sadly...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

New content is still new content either if it is a new character or not. I still think they may support this game for another year.

New content is still new content either if it is a new character or not. I still think they may support this game for another year.

Agreed 100%.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some new Stage Fatalities (or Brutalities) for Outworld Marketplace (lion) or Quan Chi's Fortress (creature / being).
An MK4 or Deception stage would be nice, too, imo.