Mortal Kombat 1 General Discussion Media Thread

Misucra

Might as well make this here. More information about game will be coming out any day now anyway.

Welp might as well post this here because the first batch of DLC has been leaked so spoiler warning and all that good shit
Spoiler:
Quan chi, Ermac ,Takeda,Omni man, Peacemaker, Homelander
Kameo characters Tremor, Johnny cage, Khameleon, Mavado,and Ferra

Welp might as well post this here because the first batch of DLC has been leaked so spoiler warning and all that good shit
Spoiler:
Quan chi, Ermac ,Takeda,Omni man, Peacemaker, Homelander
Kameo characters Tremor, Johnny cage, Khameleon, Mavado,and Ferra
Ok.... This better not be true. Omni Man? HOMELANDER? Peacemaker... so basically... this is Injustice 3 with blood? Xenon is gonna love this.

He just loves capeshit stuff.

Stream in a nutshell:
*fart*
"We've spent the most time developing this and you'll see it"
The same features from the website said out loud
Liu Kang statue
DONE.

Stream in a nutshell:
*fart*
"We've spent the most time developing this and you'll see it"
The same features from the website said out loud
Liu Kang statue
DONE.
10/10 wouldn't watch it again. Why did they do the stream again? They can just drop a trailer of Kolelctor's behind the scenes, without showing their faces.

That was the most pathetic excuse for a stream that I've seen in my entire fucking lifetime. Even if I was going to buy the kollectors, I wouldn't after that move.

Ok.... This better not be true. Omni Man? HOMELANDER? Peacemaker... so basically... this is Injustice 3 with blood? Xenon is gonna love this.

He just loves capeshit stuff.
Okay since you filled it in the blanks.... I had no idea who these capeshits were until you gave me examples 1 minute ago...

Man, if they put in THAT into MK...... HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

"Maturity and respect" my ass. What a clownshow that'll be if that's the case....I can't wait!

Guests taking up roster slots over actual MK characters always feels bad. Especially bad when the picks for guest characters is pretty lame.
The best part, they also picked the most degenerate characters as guests. Homelander, Peacemaker. Omni Man is just... brutal. But once again. None of them fit the universe.

I guess as long as you kill something, you're good to go. That really shows at what level MK standard is...
Welp. Mortal Kombat franchise is now a promotional piece for other products. I mean they even have ad space in main menus now.

Just amazing...

70 BUCKS people. That's what you get for 70 bucks. Ad space for other shit.

Also @Commander is getting only good news with these leaks. I've heard Ashrah and Nitara are also confirmed..... as Kameos.

"I've told you we would fix the 3D era representation!" - Ed (y)
Yup.
That's 6 characters from post-MK3 now that are kameo horseshit fodder with the other 4 being
Spoiler:
Tremor, Khameleon, Mavado and Ferra.
So, so far it's:
Ashrah
Nitara
Tremor
Khameleon
Mavado
Ferra

I may keep this list going just to see how depressing it'll get.

This game is looking more and more like a complete edition buy, with each bit of news that comes out.
The only one that makes sense out of this kameo list so far is
Spoiler:
Ferra because she couldn't be killed in MKX, and maybe there's a silver lining that Torr could make an appearance as playable, but I'm not even hoping for that.

Regarding DLC...
Spoiler:
Quan Chi and Takeda as DLC?
Ok, but not worth buying the whole pack over just those 2.
Better off to just wait until they are sold individually.

The lack of female fighter in the Kombat Pack makes the DLC line up so odd. I'm going to guess Jade, and Sindel will be back on the main roster. I would imagine Nitara would be DLC because I have seen many people asking for her back.

1684521693796.png

This pretty much confirms it's an Unreal Engine 3+++++++++ game. The 100gb stands out as a sore thumb.

Just for comparison..... This is Street Fighter 6:

1684521820754.png

I would imagine Nitara would be DLC because I have seen many people asking for her back.
She's been confirmed as kameo, so probably not.
Kameos for this game seem to be the deconfirmation / MK11 konsumable equivalent / "nail in the coffin" for characters and a half-assed way for NRS to go "sEe, wE pUt iN tHe ChArAcTeRz YoU wAnTeD. Now give us $70"
The only one that's been confirmed to be both playable AND a kameo is Johnny Cage, and even then it's the JCVD skin because he probably agreed to being a kameo in MK1 but not getting his likeness killed off. Klassic character too, so he'll get a pass on both fronts.

Roster predictions (with some minor fixes from the old list).

My roster prediction:
1. Johnny Cage
2. Kitana
3. Kung Lao
4. Liu Kang
5. Mileena
6. Raiden
7. Scorpion
8. Shang Tsung
9. Sub-Zero
10. Jade
11. Sonya
12. Kano
13. Goro
14. Reptile
15. Jax
16. Fujin
17. D'Vorah
18. Erron Black
19. Rain
20. Sindle
21. Kollector (as your jobber)
21. New
22. New
23. New
24. New
25. New
26. New

DLC Season 2 (The Amazon leak is likely 99% real):

Kabal
Cassie
Shinnok (You have Quan Chi. So Shinnok will probably return too unless he's a main boss again).
Havik

So far my Shitlist has been spot on....

1) UE3+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ (semi confirmed)
2) Shit as a Service (yup)
3) MTX (Premium DrAgOn CrYsTaLs)

etc etc etc (y)

Btw Klassic MK characters as a selling point. Hey @Commander .... Got some great news for you! :cool: