Mortal Kombat 1 General Discussion Media Thread

Not gonna lie, Ermac looks like he'll be fun to play as and Mavado looks cool too (although I wish that he wasn't just a fucking kameo :rolleyes: ).
Interesting how a simple mask can completely fix up his look, too.

From this shit:

Ermac MK1 maskless.jpg

To now having this:

Ermac MK1 mask.jpg

I don't like the metal masks that everyone has. I think it looks good on Sub Zero, but everyone else it seems out of place. Especially Scorpion. His default costume is all cloth, then a random all metal mask on his face.

Ermac is the only one who looks normal in this game. MKD/MK9 Ermac still peak but this is good as well.

Ermac and this latest update is proof (to me) that MK1 needed more time to cook.
I've only been trying him out in the Gateway Mesa, but he actually feels like a pretty solid character.
THIS is how the game should have launched, imo.
Aside from that, I'm trying to clear out the Invasion Mesas with Li Mei to get the Tea House (Rainy) stage.

Ermac and this latest update is proof (to me) that MK1 needed more time to cook.
I've only been trying him out in the Gateway Mesa, but he actually feels like a pretty solid character.
THIS is how the game should have launched, imo.
Aside from that, I'm trying to clear out the Invasion Mesas with Li Mei to get the Tea House (Rainy) stage.

Wait there's an unlockable stage in Invasions?

Fuuuuuuck I just looked it up, yeah you get the new stage from beating Invasions. That sucks dude I hate Invasions lmao

Fuuuuuuck I just looked it up, yeah you get the new stage from beating Invasions. That sucks dude I hate Invasions lmao
It's the ONLY reason that I'm invested in Invasion mode for this season.
Stages that have weather / themes to them are my favorite for this game.
So stages like the Living Forest (storm), Ying Fortress (snow), Cage Mansion (Halloween) and Gateway (Christmas) are the ones I tend to use the most in this game. I'll be adding the Tea House (rain) to that when I've completed it. Probably by tomorrow or something. Lmfao

Speaking of Invasions:
Thought you'd find this interesting @BBBLP, but I switched up to a beefed up Baraka with Attack stats all the way up, because his blades have further reach, and I'm just spamming uppercut, the 4,4,4,4,4.....D,F+2 and B,F+3.
Just want to cheese through it for the Dark Raiden and Tea House (rain) stage.
I also have a Reiko with Health stats all the way up for the stupid survive bullshit, since for some reason he has more health than most (if not all) of the roster in this game. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
A woman on IG came out recently and revealed that she's going to be the face for Harumi in a now deleted post, and that she's going to be a kameo. So at least it looks like the game will still get its expansion.

Good stuff.
Hopefully that also means some added stages + Stage Fatalities along with another returning "-ality" / finisher type.

Also, universal back throw Brutalities (where you toss your opponent towards the screen) were recently added with the last update, per PNDKetchup (or Mustard - not 100% which of the 2 mentioned it) on Twitter.

Basically: Back Throw....then Hold U +2

Welp since this place is a graveyard as usual, I guess everyone is waiting on Homelander but in the meantime, I was baffled by Microsoft shutting down a number of studios. Tango works being one of them. I get these things happen all the time in the gaming industry but it's still crazy to see Micosoft going on a rampage like this with little to no warning. Especially after buying one of the biggest publishers in the world. It just goes to show how bloated the AAA bubble really is. People losing their jobs is never a good thing no matter what side of the fence you're on. I hope we see some change in a positive way before my favorite hobby goes up in flames.

Last edited:
Welp since this place is a graveyard as usual, I guess everyone is waiting on Homelander but in the meantime, I was baffled by Micosoft shutting down a number of studios. Tango works being one of them. I get these things happen all the time in the gaming industry but it's still crazy to see Micosoft going on a rampage like this with little to no warning. Especially after buying one of the biggest publishers in the world. It just goes to show how bloated the AAA bubble really is. People losing their jobs is never a good thing no matter what side of the fence you're on. I hope we see some change in a positive way before my favorite hobby goes up in flames.
Nah, I'm waiting for kameo Ferra and Takeda.

The closing of these studios sucks and I'm not trying to be less empathetic to Tango, but Microsoft shutting down Arkane Austin (Dishonored 1 & Prey) was a solid gut kick for me, especially when Redfall is a game that was forced upon the studio by Bethesda and MS, and even the people working there have reported in the past that they didn't want to make the game.

www.dexerto.com/gaming/redfall-devs-reportedly-didnt-actually-want-to-make-the-game-2163479/

The Arkane Lyon studio that made Dishonored 2, Dishonored: Death of The Outsider and Deathloop is still fine (they're now making the Blade game), but I hope that the people in the Arkane Austin studio can get work in either the Arkane Lyon studio or elsewhere within the industry.

I also hope that Arkane Lyon does well with the Blade game so that they don't suffer the same fate, but my hopes for ever seeing a "Dishonored 3" (like what was leaked in the FTC documents) dwindles a little bit more each day.

Mavado has a lot of cool tools and abilities, but -100 health makes him a hard pass for me. Geras already has low health. 850 means you die in 2 combos, literally lol

Nah, I'm waiting for kameo Ferra and Takeda.

The closing of these studios sucks and I'm not trying to be less empathetic to Tango, but Microsoft shutting down Arkane Austin (Dishonored 1 & Prey) was a solid gut kick for me, especially when Redfall is a game that was forced upon the studio by Bethesda and MS, and even the people working there have reported in the past that they didn't want to make the game.

www.dexerto.com/gaming/redfall-devs-reportedly-didnt-actually-want-to-make-the-game-2163479/

The Arkane Lyon studio that made Dishonored 2, Dishonored: Death of The Outsider and Deathloop is still fine (they're now making the Blade game), but I hope that the people in the Arkane Austin studio can get work in either the Arkane Lyon studio or elsewhere within the industry.

I also hope that Arkane Lyon does well with the Blade game so that they don't suffer the same fate, but my hopes for ever seeing a "Dishonored 3" (like what was leaked in the FTC documents) dwindles a little bit more each day.
Interesting... I didn't realize Redfall was forced on Arkane Austin but it did reek of corporate live service BS from the get go. At least Arkane Lyon is still around so there's still a chance you'll get your Dishonored 3 eventually. Unfortunately for me being a Evil Within fan and Tango works gone. The chances of MS or Bethesda returning to that franchise is almost zero.

Last edited:
Interesting... I didn't realize Redfall was forced on Arkane Austin but it did reek of corporate live service BS from the get go. At least Arkane Lyon is still around so there's still a chance you'll get your Dishonored 3 eventually. Unfortunately for me being a Evil Within fan and Tango works gone. The chances of MS or Bethesda returning to that franchise is almost zero.
Maybe, but Arkane Austin wanted to do a game in the vein of Dishonored right before being closed. Whether that means that the FTC leaked "Dishonored 3" was cancelled or shelved, we'll never know. Maybe if Blade does well enough, but IF there is a Dishonored it likely won't be out for another 6 years IF THAT, since Blade is slated for 2027.
The Tango news is extra upsetting because they're even like "we need to focus on smaller successful games," and not a day earlier they shuttered the studio that was willing to make Hi-Fi Rush 2.

Basically what happened there, is that XBOX division in the past was small enough for Microsoft to just simply ignore and be counted as a side expense in their accounting books. But after the whooping 70 billion dollar expense for game studios (Zenimax and Activision) happened. Microsoft very quickly turned its head towards XBOX and said: "Well? You gonna start making money any time soon? 70 billion is a lot"

Xbox failed to produce anything meaningful for years now. Didn't make any major money back. Game Pass isn't doing hot either. So they gutted all of the small studios.

All those jobs were lost, due crappy management, stupidity and DEI.

WB will be cutting off lots of things too. And unlike Microsoft, they don't have "Fuck you" money. Especially with the report that Suicide Squad just lost 200 million for them. So in WB case, we are looking at another merger or fire sale of IP's.

And yeah MK isn't doing hot either right now.

Which is a shame when it comes to MK1 because the game how it is now (with the latest Ermac patch) is how it SHOULD have released, to begin with. This game needed more time to cook, and shitty mtx practices aside.....the gameplay is now better, you can skip Survive shit in Invasion mode / have more options and leveling up characters in Invasion Mesas or the Gateway Mesa isn't as grindy.
MK1 should have released in the April / May timeframe like they usually do.

Place is a graveyard because there's really not much to talk about. Even TYM is a graveyard, only Reddit is active with nothing more but braindead memes. Oh wow, milk Capeshitmaker..... Mavado assist.... "Balance" patches that for some hilarious reason weigh 100gb... Just like all the previous characters, people will forget about them in a week tops.

How about the E-Sports? You know..... something that WBNRS was jerking off, and was one of the excuses by WBNRS why certain character designs are now illegal.... oh, getting destroyed @ Combo Breaker now, with a $10k pot, MK's home turf, while "immature and disrespectful" fighters are 1 and 2 respectively.... This isn't just irony anymore, this is poetry. Speaking of which, looks like NRS is now toying around with the idea of cleavage, bare arms and some thigh... Desperate, but bit too late for that, idiots. What's next, jiggle physics, something that's akshually "realistic"?

So in the end it's a game where the Single Player content is absolutely laughable. The multiplayer is just Salt League, barely any players on, and it's just spam of the same characters over and over. I guess taking months to fix Desync, return Pinned Moves, add Krossplay, fix some of the bugs and boring gameplay isn't a good idea unless your end goal is to have your game on its last legs.

I don't think I ever seen a new big AAA game being 50%+ off so frequently, and struggling to break 600 gamers on Steam.

I also don't understand how some of you still question "why this game was released at that state" etc etc. The answer is WB and their humongous debt. They need money and they needed it YEARS ago. Looking at what is happening now, I wouldn't be surprised if MK and NRS are fucked off to the scrapheap, and to tell you the truth, is where they belong at the moment. Kinda fits with that leaker's news that anything after KP2 is unlikely.

Last edited:
It's painfully obvious at this point that Microsoft buying Activison is just a way to kill the Xbox brand and secure themselves as a third party publisher. The evidence is overwhelming at this point. They already have Sea of thieves and highfi rush on PlayStation. It's only a matter of time before we see Hellblade 2, Gears of War and Halo on other consoles as well. Personally I think MS looked at the smaller studios after the 70 billion purchase and said ''Sorry we need to make money now cya!'' I hope they fail miserably IMO but they most likely won't.

Last edited:
It's painfully obvious at this point that Microsoft buying Activison is just a way to kill the Xbox brand and secure themselves as a third party publisher. The evidence is overwhelming at this point. They already have Sea of thieves and highfi rush on PlayStation. It's only a matter of time before we see Hellblade 2, Gears of War and Halo on other consoles as well. Personally I think MS looked at the smaller studios after the 70 billion purchase and said ''Sorry we need to make money now cya!'' I hope they fail miserably IMO but they most likely won't.
Console era is dying. Everything what made consoles cool or superior to PC are gone. There is no practical reason to buy a console. Only a habit. I can Switch hanging on, cause it is a handheld, but Steam Deck is now coming for dat money.

Both Sony and XBOX are just desperately throwing hands with no clue on what to do next. Helldivers 2 fiasco was Playstation being desperate for additional Playstation members and XBOX now has to make 70 billion back... somehow.