The 7th Number

i just read this on the net... its probly acient history but

Ed Boon and John Tobias *do* make ... Noob Saibot = Boon Tobias

haha thats nice...

The 7th Number said:

Ed Boon and John Tobias *do* make ... Noob Saobot = Boon Tobias

haha thats nice...

Ancient history? Prehistoric my friend. This info dates back to before there was "history." On top of that it's about as obvious as you get.

Still - Noob was Noob before the word really got popular via the internet. I do like that. In a way Boon created n00b. Just a different version.

You will also notice he is only referred to as Noob now. Not Noob Saibot. This is because Tobias left Midway and the MK team and produced a legendary piece of shit called Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus. If you don't know what that is I would recomend you keep it that way.

Yeah, as inept as I can be, I've known about that "bombshell" for quite some time.

I've still seen Noob referred to with his last name, though. Most of the time it probably says Noob, but there's a number of times in MKD when they don't just say Noob (mainly storyline-wise). Tobias has been gone since before MK4, but even in MK Gold he was still called Noob Saibot.

I think the main reason they only call him Noob now is because they merged him with Smoke, and "Noob Saibot-Smoke" would be a horrible name. (not that I'm right) I guess we won't really know until he's in another game as a separate character.

The 7th Number said:
I remember the commercials for Feng: Fist of the Lotus, it stated it was from the creators of mortal kombat or something.

That would be, "from the co-creator of Mortal Kombat".

I don't think that we will see Noob-Saibot as a character again. I explained this in Sub-Zero's ALT Thread, but I'll sum it up here too. Since Sub-Zero's storyline is getting dry and there's no real reason to keep him in the game (as I've been reading from what others have said), I think that Boon and Co. are going to make Noob-Saibot become the Original Sub-Zero again in his regular form and just ditch the younger brother. I read that Original Subby is the controller of the Netherrealm which Scorpion is from, so if Scorpion is in the next MK, there's more than enough reason for the Original Subby to return, hence no Noob-Saibot again.

So Boon killed two birds with one stone - a reason for keeping an ice ninja in MK and a character created by the two creators' names since one of them left.

That's pretty much exactly what I said in the other post, where someone said that Noob took control of the netherrealm. It's pretty much a perfect way to kill a now boring character, and bring back the first sub which a lot like better. I like the hybrid character they made, but I'd rather see Smoke have his own.....hmmm......how do I say this? His own mug shot? Yea that might be it.

sub zero is sub zero ok... who gives a flip if hes a younger or older version. and his character is classic. thats like ditching scorpion. noob is fine how he is and if anything smoke should be with sub zero, that would be awesome. perhaps in the next MK they put in some kinda tag match shit. but then again thats getting to close to street garbage fighter.

I have tekken tag and it works just how you play with Noob-smoke. But i really didint like that game, nor the tag team fighting. The only real difference was that if i was smoke and had half damage and tagged in Noob he would have full health, not the same power bar.

The 7th Number said:
Feng: Fist of the Lotus.

If it is the XBOX fighting game you are referring to, it was called Tao Feng and was made by John Tobias and his new crew... in my opinion that game was a major disappointment and totally blew!

Scorpion said:
The 7th Number said:
Feng: Fist of the Lotus.

If it is the XBOX fighting game you are referring to, it was called Tao Feng and was made by John Tobias and his new crew... in my opinion that game was a major disappointment and totally blew!
Heh, they have a theme on here that uses one of the characters from Tao Fend. I actually didn't think the game was THAT bad, I really liked how the characters actually retained the damage they took. And yeah, this news is old. Like Chup said, it's prehistoric.

Wasn't Noob Saibot.. Boon Tobias, whatever you want to call him, called Scislac Busorez, which if you rearrange the words, makes Classic Subzero?

(Credit given to: Mortal Kombat Warehouse for showing me the name (http://mkw.mortalkombatonline.com/backgrounds/umk3/scislacbusorez/)

Come to think of it, some other names of fighters could resemble something.. heres what I thought:

Ermac = Camer..a?
Darrius = (R)radius?
Baraka = (Ak)arab?
Dairou = Raid(ou)..en?
Kobra = Bra Ok?
Raiden = Iran(de)
Li Mei = Emili?
Kabal = Lab(ak)?
Mileena = I am leen?
Kira = Irak?
Ashrah =Rash(ah)?
Nightwolf = Fight now(l)?
Hotaru = Ar u Hot?

Haha There nothing I can guarantee, that above just proves what I do when I'm bored..

Scislac Busorez was just a random phrase that popped up in the credits (I think) to MK3 and UMK3. It's not an alternate name for Noob. I think it also might have been the name of Noob's stage in MK3 (A.K.A. Noob's Dorfen).

If they bring back the original Sub - Zero in the next MK any chance they refer to him as Noob - Zero???

jb243 said:
If they bring back the original Sub - Zero in the next MK any chance they refer to him as Noob - Zero???

Ummm... no. At least, I hope not. Anyway, I doubt he'll revert back to the Sub-Zero image since he's been Noob Saibot since MK2.

What I ment was he will still look alot like noob but will have sub-zeros move live the freeze and other things like that.

El Chupacabra said:
The 7th Number said:

Ed Boon and John Tobias *do* make ... Noob Saobot = Boon Tobias

haha thats nice...

Ancient history? Prehistoric my friend. This info dates back to before there was "history." On top of that it's about as obvious as you get.

Still - Noob was Noob before the word really got popular via the internet. I do like that. In a way Boon created n00b. Just a different version.

You will also notice he is only referred to as Noob now. Not Noob Saibot. This is because Tobias left Midway and the MK team and produced a legendary piece of shit called Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus. If you don't know what that is I would recomend you keep it that way.
Dude! They still call him Noob Saibot! Read his bio and his ending! PAY ATTENTION!

i'll have to admit... the whole noob was the original Sub-zero ending for Noob-Smoke caught me completely offguard. that was either being a good playwright on vogels part... or he was insanely bored. if the story keeps up as it is, MK7 and beyond could prove to be quite crappy.