James Wan to Produce new MK movie

11459a1f803473843dacf19ab63d0270.jpg

I rest my case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

this right there is imo the best scorpion in live action
simple and straight to the point of an undead ninja from hell
i liked the harpoon rendition as well, although a simple rope/chain with kunai is fine

the only problem is that his guns are not big enough to tear the fabric, not accurate to the source material!

those webseries scorpion was absolute dogshit, because they tried to mix samurai features with ninjas
the eyes also looked inferior to the ones in the first movie

plus the fight choreography was by far the worst out of the bunch, even annihilation did it better

But it's the best live-action iteration of ALL video games.

I dunno.
To each his / her own.
The first Silent Hill movie surpasses the first MK movie, in my book.

I love MK and I'm and MK fanatic, but as far as videogame movies go (IMO): Silent Hill (2006)>>>>> MK1(1995) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all other videogame movies

The problem with videogame movies is that they usually don't capture the feeling of playing the games or interacting with the story, so they usually don't translate well.

translation: my worthless opinion is a fact

2 can play the opinion game

those webseries scorpion was absolute dogshit, because they tried to mix samurai features with ninjas
the eyes also looked inferior to the ones in the first movie

translation: my worthless opinion is a fact.

interesting... maybe the sooner you realize we're all mashing our opinions here, to see what we all like and hate, to maybe come to a agreement we can all like/agree on. Is a possible objective. Telling movie directors to take this 2-3 different directions because we share different opinions, on something as simple as how should scorpion look. shows to me, maybe we could try a different iteration instead of sticking to one people don't find all that great.

He looks like a cosplayer to me, if you used that scorpion again, I would not watch.

Terrible translation. There is a specific reason you chose the words "live action". And the fact we only have like 2-3 choices. My point is simply plenty of room to get a more globally acceptable scorpion iteration. Than such a polarizing one that has obvious budget flaws.

Don't have to settle for less or average.

tldr;

I'm sure there is a possible live action look, we can all get behind. And the first movie generic cosplay look is not going to be one of them. If you genuinely believe this is a "good look" for scorpion in a movie by today's standards. I think you want the movie to sell bad.

Last edited:
2 can play the opinion game

yes
it's called
internet forum
difference is i dont push my worthless opinion as a fact

fact is this: mk1 was a hugely successful movie, and whether you like a costume or not doesn't really mean anything

interesting... maybe the sooner you realize we're all mashing our opinions here

did i state otherwise???
rest of that macabre post can go to the trash bin
try again

Last edited:
Why not create a MCU type thing? You have the OG 7 in solo movies. Or better yet have a sub vs scorp movie that includes raiden since he is apart of sub-zero's lore. Also include Quan chi to see the story from both sub-zero and scorpion's point of view. So far that's 4 major MK characters. Next you do a Sonya and Kano movie that further fleshes out their backstories and you include Jax. Then you introduce Liu Kang in the main MK movie. Have that movie cover MK cut that movie into 2 parts. That way everyone is educated on each characters lore and you can really appreciate each character

Why not create a MCU type thing? You have the OG 7 in solo movies. Or better yet have a sub vs scorp movie that includes raiden since he is apart of sub-zero's lore. Also include Quan chi to see the story from both sub-zero and scorpion's point of view. So far that's 4 major MK characters. Next you do a Sonya and Kano movie that further fleshes out their backstories and you include Jax. Then you introduce Liu Kang in the main MK movie. Have that movie cover MK cut that movie into 2 parts. That way everyone is educated on each characters lore and you can really appreciate each character

means talking scenes are going take like 50% of the movie
no good

put in some bodybuilders and have them smash each others heads in for 1/2-2 hours via badass martial arts, supported by a good soundtrack with some humor there and there = good mk movie

means talking scenes are going take like 50% of the movie
no good

put in some bodybuilders and have them smash each others heads in for 1/2-2 hours via badass martial arts, supported by a good soundtrack with some humor there and there = good mk movie

You must be trolling..

You must be trolling..

just being faithful to the source materialz and what makes mk
why mk is popular:
fighting
gore
scorpion
subzero
soundtrack
humor
and at the very end
cringe talking scenes & bad fanfictions

Last edited:
just being faithful to the source materialz and what makes mk
why mk is popular:
fighting
gore
scorpion
subzero
soundtrack
humor
and at the very end
cringe talking scenes & bad fanfictions

True, except mortal Kombat has never had the best writing so that can always be improved. Like I said, I think they can take liberties with the story itself, but keep the characters true to the source material (overall look, powers and personalities). The movie shouldn't take itself too seriously either. Anyone see Jon Wick? I would prefer that kind of tone for the mk movie. Lots of dark, tongue in cheek humor.

True, except mortal Kombat has never had the best writing so that can always be improved. Like I said, I think they can take liberties with the story itself, but keep the characters true to the source material (overall look, powers and personalities). The movie shouldn't take itself too seriously either. Anyone see Jon Wick? I would prefer that kind of tone for the mk movie. Lots of dark, tongue in cheek humor.

honestly with the latest garbage webseries i'd just settle on purely fight scenes at this point
but definitely wouldn't mind that style of humor either and some story elements